We recently spoke with CBS – Las Vegas (Watch Video Here) about the drills and training that students are being exposed to during active shooter exercises. Parents need to be talking to their kids about the drills and expectations within...
Homicides in K-12 schools in 30 years
Avg. number of people injured in a mass shooting when shooter is stopped by law enforcement
Avg. number of people injured in a mass shooting event, when a shooter is stopped by civilians.
Second to activate SafeDefend™ System
There are four pillars to school safety. Each plays an important role in creating a learning environment that will provide significant gains in the perception of safety with your school community and staff while substantially increasing the effectiveness of your school safety team and law enforcement. Schools and workplaces can be MUCH safer. Only SafeDefend supports all areas of necessary to create a safe and secure environment.
- Effective way to prepare, notify and protect
- Empowers school faculty and staff with a simple touch of the finger
- Instantly triggers alert to law enforcement
Contact us today to learn more about active shooter protection systems, workplace protection systems for active shooters, and active shooter response training.
Prevention: This is the BEST way to prevent violence on your campuses.
- Utilizing an effective threat intervention program
- Vulnerability assessments
- Understanding offender behaviors
- Staff training prevention strategies
Preparation: This is the layer building component of safety.
- Implementing an effective notification system
- Running drills
- Hallway, classroom and exterior doors and window numbering that can be seen easily
- Keeping staff current on training and best practices
- Controlled access
- Safety policy reviews and bring current
- Coordination with local law enforcement and first responders
- Hardening the facility
Internal Response: This is critical to saving lives when an active shooter/killer event takes place on your campus.
- Immediate notification to your staff and visitors
- Clear, simple and accurate information must be conveyed to provide a life saving response.
- Tools for crisis management must be provided
- Ability to protect staff and students
- Throwing canned goods and books is not an effective solution
- Ability to prevent classroom entry
- Ability to stop the bleed and effective trauma response
- Ability to facilitate law enforcement response
- Ability to escape/evade
- Clear understanding of law enforcement response
- Clear understanding of what to do post-event
External Response: Getting help there as quickly as possible while increasing the effectiveness of their response.
- Immediate notification to law enforcement and first responders
- Must be in a clear, simple format they can use under stress and in an unfamiliar location.
- Should provide exterior door location information to allow entry at closest point to crisis
- Mapping solutions and camera tracking do not work for crisis response in an active shooter/killer event
- Make staff readily identifiable over the threat
- Provide a pre-designated EOP
- Include Incident Command
- Traffic control
- Life Flight landing locations
- Hospital Notification
- And other key assignments as needed. (During the crisis it is too late to make this happen)
Provides both emergency notification for law enforcement and staff and comprehensive crisis management.
We developed the SafeDefend™ protection system with the help of state and local law enforcement, FBI, school administrators, teachers and parents. With their needs in mind, we were able to create a system that works. SafeDefend™ enhances your current safety plan with the touch of a finger.
Learn more about the SafeDefend™ team who helped develop an emergency action notification system.
99% of safety dollars are spent trying to keep intruders from coming into a building, but FBI Active Shooter Reports from 2000-2014 show that the biggest threats come from someone already inside the building. 94% of active shooters are current or former students or employees or someone with a relationship to a current or former student/employee. SafeDefend™ brings the benefits of immediate notification to law enforcement and those in the crisis as well as the training and tools to survive until help arrives - helping to save lives when seconds count.
SafeDefend™ gives us a significant advantage and the tools to protect.
I feel that this system has proven methods that can change and save lives.
I feel equipped. This system takes the guesswork out of school defense...I feel better prepared. More confident to protect.
Stay tuned with latest news and trends.
The recent report from the Secret Service’s National Threat Assessment Center highlights the importance of community awareness in thwarting mass murder events. According to the report there were 67 thwarted incidents of planned mass...